Our Signature Glow treatment combines our Alma IPL Photofacial and Pixel Perfect Resurfacing treatments. Lift away years and stimulate new collagen growth in addition to significantly improving the texture, tone, and appearance of your complexion. Clear and glowing skin could be one laser appointment away!
Benefits of the Glow:
- Can cure many imperfections
- Stunning Results
- Fast Treatment Time
- Permanent Results
What is a Signature Glow?
The Signature Glow Combines IPL and Pixel laser therapies in one treatment. The dual action of the two laser arms causes your skin to gently peel away while clearing unwanted pigmentation leaves your skin unblemished and smooth with beautiful skin tones.
Who Is a Good Candidate?
Those with a higher Fitzpatrick score, those with a tan or active sunburn and those with melasma are not good candidates. Because the light of the laser is targeting pigment, darker skin tones can actually become discolored and melasma patches can become darker.
Does the treatment hurt?
There is some discomfort during the laser treatment. We use a Zimmer, which blows cold air over the skin to help numb the skin during the treatment. After the Pixel treatment is performed, there will be a sunburn-type sensation. We treat small sections of the skin and apply a topical numbing cream, which relieves the heat sensation very quickly. We provide you with a small amount of the topical numbing cream to reapply at home for the first 24 hours as needed for any discomfort.
What can I expect after the treatment?
The treated area will be very red and swollen for the first 24-48 hours. The skin will begin to flake and peel on days 3-4. This is especially noticeable during cleansing the skin. The skin on the face is usually essentially healed after 5 days – though there may still be some redness. The skin on areas of the body (anywhere off the face) can take at least twice as long to heal because the skin turns over more slowly and does not have as many oil glands present. Most clients can begin to apply mineral makeup after 3-4 days. We recommend scheduling a DiamondGlow appointment 1-2 weeks after your treatment to complete the process of eliminating the dead skin cells and rehydrating your skin.
When will I see results?
Many clients see significant improvement within the first treatment, the Signature Glow provides gradual, natural improvement with excellent long-term results. You will notice a reduction in redness, flushing, and dilated capillaries. Your skin will look healthier as sun damage, fine lines, pore size, and irregular pigmentation is minimized. Results from the treatment series typically last for a year or longer.
Will the spots and redness reappear over time?
Over time, new spots may appear if there is sufficient sun exposure. These can also be removed*. It is imperative to apply sunscreen when outdoors to minimize sun damage and the appearance of new spots and excessive redness.
- Avoid sun exposure for 1 to 3 weeks prior to treatment and use SPF 30 daily to ensure coverage against UVB and UBA rays.
- Do not use self-tanning products for 1 to 3 weeks prior to and/or post-treatment.
- Discontinue use of Tretinoin type products (Renova, Tretinoin, Retin A, Retin A Micro, Tri-Luma, Solage, etc.) at least 2 or 3 days prior to treatment.
- Discontinue use of Hydroquinone 2 or 3 days prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, begin prophylactic treatment with Valtrex or similar no later than the day prior to IPL.
- Notify the center if you develop a cold sore, acne, open lesions in the area being treated, or experience any type of illness prior to your treatment.
- Avoid, if possible, Ibuprofen and non-steroidal anti-inflammatories for 3 days prior to and/or post-treatment.
- Botox and/or fillers within 2 weeks prior to IPL is not recommended.
- You may experience a sunburned sensation immediately following treatment, although rare, some slight swelling is possible.
- Darkening of freckles and other areas is normal. If this occurs, do not pick or exfoliate the areas. They will flake off or lighten on their own over the next week if on the face and over the next several weeks if on the body.
- If you experience a burn, gently cleanse the area and use hydrocortisone cream on the area several times a day for the next week. If the mark opens, also use antibiotic ointment over the hydrocortisone cream. Please notify us immediately of any burns.
- Use SPF 30 or higher daily on treated area if exposed.
- You may generally resume normal skincare regimen after three days following
treatment or sooner if advised by your technician.
- Make-up may be applied the day after your treatment or sooner if advised by your technician.
Follow Up Care
The frequency and number of treatments required to achieve your desired outcome completely depend upon the condition of your skin. For optimal dramatic and sustainable results, on average, 4-6 treatments are recommended, scheduled at 4-5 week intervals. However, one treatment can refresh the skin!
- Malignant or pre-malignant pigmented lesions
- Photosensitive medications (e.g. Alpha Hydroxyl or Glycolic Acid) within a week of treatment
- Known anticoagulative or thromboembolic condition or use of anticoagulation medication
- Uncontrolled Diabetes
- Active infection at the site of treatment
- Pacemaker or internal defibrillator
- History of seizures triggered by light
- Use of Isotrentinoin (Accutane) within the past 6 months
- Presence of a deep suntan, sunburn, or artificially toned skin. Avoid sun exposure and tanning, including self-tanning products for 2-4 weeks prior to treatment. Remove skin bronzers completely prior to treatment. A sunscreen with SPF 35 or more should be used on any treatment areas exposed to the sun. If you have recently tanned you will be instructed to stay out of the sun and return for treatment when the tan has faded