BELOTERO BALANCE® may help provide an elegant finishing touch to your skin treatment regimen, noticeably improving the appearance of moderate-to-severe etched-in lines and wrinkles around your mouth.
While common skin treatment options such as chemical peels and laser treatments may also be beneficial, BELOTERO BALANCE injectable gel integrates directly into the skin, helping to enhance the appearance of stubborn etched-in lines and wrinkles with minimal downtime
What is BELOTERO BALANCE?
BELOTERO BALANCE is an injectable filler that is used to smooth moderate-to-severe etched-in lines and wrinkles on your face. Upon injection, it quickly and evenly integrates into your skin.
What is the difference between BELOTERO BALANCE and other fillers?
BELOTERO BALANCE is a hyaluronic acid injectable filler designed to integrate into facial skin tissue. The unique manufacturing process for BELOTERO BALANCE yields a soft and cohesive gel that, once injected, instantly fills the skin to help smooth moderate-to-severe etched-in lines and wrinkles. While the product is versatile enough to handle moderate nasolabial folds (smile lines around the mouth), it may be an ideal option for treating delicate areas such as etched-in smile lines and vertical lip lines (thin lines that appear above and around the lips).
How long does BELOTERO BALANCE treatment last?
Individual results may vary, but BELOTERO BALANCE may last about 6 months or more. Some factors that affect how long it lasts are the amount of product used and the area it is injected into. In areas that experience a lot of movement due to eating, talking, and smiling, the product may not last as long as other less active areas.
What are the potential side effects of BELOTERO BALANCE?
BELOTERO BALANCE is FDA approved and has undergone testing in a clinical study to demonstrate its safety. Hyaluronic acid products for wrinkle correction have been available for a long time and used in thousands of treatments.
Just like any injection, you may experience mild irritation, swelling, itching, redness, bruising, or tenderness at the injection site. These side effects typically resolve on their own. If any of these side effects persist for more than 7 days, contact your healthcare provider immediately.
How is the treatment performed?
BELOTERO BALANCE is injected into the skin in a simple, quick treatment performed by a licensed healthcare provider using a fine-gauge needle. You can either sit or recline during treatment and the aftercare is minimal.
Pre Care Instructions
- Avoid the use of Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ginko Biloba, Garlic Supplements, Green Tea, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamins A and E, and essential fatty acids for up to 1 week pre and post injection as they will increase your risk of bruising.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- You may take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2 -3 days before and after treatment (examples- tretinoin/retin-a, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone).
- Inform your provider if you have a history of cold sores to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Do not use the above stated if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or are allergic to any of its ingredients. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment.
Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment. Exposure to any of these may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection site.
Day of Treatment
- You may use topical anesthetic medication in office before your scheduled appointment (please arrive 30 minutes prior to procedure).
- Arrive with a clean face. Please do not wear makeup.
- You May experience a mild amount of tenderness or stinging during and following injection.
- Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible.
Post Care Instructions
- Ice (but avoid firm pressure) for 15 minutes 3 times the day of treatment
You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness/discomfort
Do not massage treated areas after treatment
After treatment there will be moderate swelling and redness with possibility of bruising. These symptoms will resolve in about 7 days. You may apply or take Arnica tablets to help decrease the amount of bruising
Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply SPF.
Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours to reduce bruising. You may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
Avoid laser, IPL, or skin tightening treatments of the area for at least 2-3 weeks.
You may continue your topical products as mentioned above 1 week after injection.
BELOTERO BALANCE should not be used in patients with a history of or presence of multiple or severe allergies, including those with a history of anaphylaxis. BELOTERO BALANCE should not be used in patients with allergies to gram-positive bacterial proteins.
Introduction of BELOTERO BALANCE into the vasculature may lead to embolization, occlusion of the vessels, ischemia, or infarction. Take extra care when injecting soft tissue fillers, for example inject the product slowly and apply the least amount of pressure necessary. Rare but serious adverse events associated with the intravascular injection of soft tissue fillers in the face have been reported and include temporary or permanent vision impairment, blindness, cerebral ischemia or cerebral hemorrhage, leading to stroke, skin necrosis, and damage to underlying facial structures. Immediately stop the injection if a patient exhibits any of the following symptoms, including changes in vision, signs of a stroke, blanching of the skin, or unusual pain during or shortly after the procedure. Patients should receive prompt medical attention and possibly evaluation by an appropriate health care practitioner specialist should an intravascular injection occur.
As with all events that involve an injection through the skin, there is a risk of infection. Laser treatments or chemical peels or any other treatments that affect the skin can increase the risk of infection. Do not use BELOTERO BALANCE if you have a skin inflammation or a skin infection. Do not use until the infection is healed.
Patients getting BELOTERO BALANCE may have an injection site reaction. These reactions can include inflammation and usually last less than seven days.